Wednesday 6 June 2018

8 MONTHS INTERNSHIP

I and my friends have passed 8 months of internship life since september until may. Alhamdulillah we managed to survive by Allah's will. 

Our internship started from community based rehab (CBR) to return to work (PERKESO) to older people (Old Folks Home) and we end at special education (PPKI, SKDML). 2 months survival at each place is a blessed. 

Fyi, this is occupational therapy (OT). We works on disable people to help them in their daily lives 'occupations' - to cook, to drive, to play, to bath, to groom, to write, to type etc. Despite of their disability, we want them to be independent just like normal people do. That feelings when they smile when they start to walk, when they got excited for little things they can do, parents tear up when their children able to write/read simple words. That was the best part of being an occupational therapist.

I got inspired by them every single day during my internship.

 


You can see a young man paralyzed both of his lower limbs ambulated by wheelchair and can still greet people 'good morning' with smile and cheer up everyone "apa ni hensem2, lawa2 tapi tak semangatt? semangat2!" and make people laugh with his jokes. Meanwhile, he has lost his job and wife due to his disability.  
You can see how struggle parents can buy everything as long it can give advantages to their children.
You can see how struggle kids with learning disability, down syndrome, autism try to read a simple words, write name in a line, copy simple shapes and memorize colors or even to stay still. 
You can see disable peoples with no legs/hands, unable to walk or even stand, paralyzed one side of body, but they are still faithful in Allah. They pray even difficult, recite al-quran and being generous.

How can I not being grateful today when I can breath, walk, run, talk, laugh, do works and many more. 
How can I not being a positive person when I am healthy and can do everything that I want
And how can I not doing what Allah ask when He has give me so many things in this life. 

I am blessed to be in this field #occupationaltherapy and hope by helping these people can help me in here after life insyaAllah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment